Cannabis edibles are the easiest way to experience an intense high through a low dosage. While that is a good thing, people often tend to overdose on them and have an unpleasant time afterward. So, what can you do to consume edibles regularly and responsibly? Instead of cooking edibles at home, add cannabis to the oils you use for cooking!
Making cannabis-infused oil at home is very easy. You can use any oil that you prefer cooking with. Moreover, you can also make cannabutter! What’s that? It’s butter infused with cannabis. And how do these ingredients help you obtain the benefits of cannabis? Let’s find out!
Why You Should Cook With Cannabis Oil and Butter
Many people want to opt for a healthy lifestyle to manage their illnesses. The same people may also rely on cannabis to help them get better. After all, it offers many health benefits. However, smoking it every day for a long time will take its toll on the lungs. So, as an alternative, you can ingest it.
So, why not just buy some gummies from a dispensary? Edibles have caused many mishaps in the past as they are a lot more potent than other methods of consuming marijuana, and they also take much longer to impart their effects. As a result, people may consume more in order to feel something but when the edibles actually hit, it may be too much to handle.
Cannabis oils and butter give you the freedom to use as little as you want and still enjoy the benefits. They are also very easy to incorporate into your daily routine. You can easily make toast with cannabutter in the morning or saute some vegetables in cannabis oil for dinner.
Other benefits of cooking with cannabis-infused ingredients include:
- They are high in antioxidants.
- You can add them to any recipe.
- You can choose any strain of your choice.
- They offer a great healthy alternative to smoking.
- They are easy to measure and help prevent overconsumption.
- You do not have to prepare them every time you want to use them.
- According to a study, it was found that edibles sold in stores often write the wrong amount of cannabinoids on their labels. The real amount is often much higher.
Now let’s look at the easy ways you can make cannabutter and oil at home.
How to Make Cannabis Oil at Home?
Picking the Base
The very first step is choosing the oil you wish to infuse with. You must consider the types of food you usually cook and how you’ll be storing the oil as they all have different consistencies at room temperature.
You can also choose the oil based on your flavor preferences. It is always the easiest to simply pick the oil you cook with regularly.
- 7-10 grams (1 cup) decarboxylated ground cannabis
- 1 cup cooking oil
The ratio of both these ingredients should always be 1:1
- Decarboxylate the cannabis – This is the most important step as it allows you to unlock the full potential of marijuana flowers. Cannabinoids are present in their natural form in the flower so they are not that potent or suitable. For instance, THC is present as its acidic form THCA, and CBD as CBDA. to decarboxylate, preheat your oven to 245ºF and put the buds on a parchment paper placed inside a baking pan. Bake for 30-40 minutes.
- Break the flower into smaller pieces – Just make sure that you do not make the pieces small enough to pass through a strainer. This is something you’ll need to keep in mind while using a grinder.
- Heat the oil and cannabis together – Add flower and oil to a slow cooker or saucepan and simmer for 2-3 hours. Make sure the oil stays at temperatures between 160-200ºF.
- Straining the oil – Take the container in which you wish to store your cannabis. Place a strainer or cheesecloth over it and pour the freshly prepared mixture through it. Do not squeeze it as that would add excess chlorophyll to the oil and alter its taste.
This recipe generally has a shelf life of two months, which can be decreased in hot weather and increased with refrigeration.
How to Make Cannabutter at Home?
Cannabutter is a widely loved recipe due to its versatility. It’s just like butter, you can use it to instantly elevate the taste of many things! If you want to tone down the effects, you can also mix it with equal parts regular butter.
- 7-10 grams (1 cup) decarboxylated ground cannabis
- 1 cup (7-10 grams) butter without salt
- 1 cup water
Similar to making cannabis oil, the ratio of ingredients should be 1:1, but if you want milder effects you can use less cannabis.
- Decarboxylate the cannabis – Follow the exact process for this step as we did in the cannabis oil recipe.
- Grind /break the cannabis flower – If you have a cannabis grinder, it would make this step easier. Or, you can simply spend a few minutes making smaller pieces of the flower yourself. Again, you need to make sure not to grind it into fine powder.
- Melt the butter – You need to melt the butter first. Keep a saucepan or a slow cooker on low heat. Add the same amount of water to help regulate the heat from burning the butter.
- Add the cannabis – Add the flower when the butter has fully melted. Simmer on low heat, ensuring that the temperature stays between 160-200ºF. Any higher will burn the flower. Simmer the mixture for 2-3 hours, checking up on it occasionally so it does not come to a full boil.
- Strain and store – Grab the container where you will be storing your cannabutter. Place a mesh strainer or cheesecloth over it and pour the mixture. Do not squeeze the cheesecloth.
Place the container in the fridge overnight so the butter can solidify. If you find water accumulated at the bottom, remove the butter and drain it out.
Also Read: 4 Ways To Consume Medical Marijuana
Do You Need a Medical Card in Temecula?
You don’t necessarily require a Medical Marijuana Card Temecula to purchase cannabis. However, there are many reasons why you should apply for it at Healing 420 Temecula, such as:
- You get to purchase a lot more than recreational users, meaning that you won’t have to make frequent trips.
- You get access to exclusive deals and discounts.
- You get to grow up to 99 plants and save a lot of money.
- We offer an easy, three-step consultation process.
- We are a BBB A+ accredited clinic.
- It is quick and very affordable.
Moreover, you only have to get the card renewed once a year. So, apply today and reap the benefits!